Information that we collect
We may collect information about you, including:
- Information that you provide to us to become a member and/or investor ;
- Contact information, including first and last name, phone number, email and mailing address.
- Payment information to reimburse investments and/or receive dividends, including bank account and routing number.
- Profile information, including the denomination of your organization and other information you may provide us with.
- Other information we may legally be required to collect from you.
- Other information we may obtain about you when you interact with Oikocredit International, for example your financial transaction history.
How we use the information
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide you with the information and services you request.
- Communicate with you about your transactions and other administrative issues.
- Send you information, based on your communications preferences.
- Measure and improve our sites and services.
- Resolve disputes, address complaints and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Analyze site and user behavior and prepare aggregated reports.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Sharing and Disclosure
We will not share your information outside the Oikocredit International corporate family (Oikocredit International and its network of Support Associations and field offices) with third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit prior written consent.
To provide our products and services, we may disclose your information to the following parties:
Service Providers. We may share information with service providers under contract who help with our business operations. Our service providers are required to keep the information confidential and use it only for the services they provide to us.
Legal and Other Disclosures. We may disclose information (i) when permitted and/or required by law or under the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary under applicable law; (ii) to comply with legal process served on Oikocredit International to protect the property or interests of Oikocredit International, its members and employees; or (iii) to protect personal safety or the public.
Unsubscribe - Opt-out
At any time, you have the option to opt out of receiving marketing communications from Oikocredit International. However, while you are a registered Oikocredit International member and/or investor you can not opt out of administrative correspondence (for example, delivery of financial information, or correspondence about your transactions or our policy changes)
It may be necessary to continue to provide you with information and services related to the securities you have purchased until those securities mature or are redeemed, and we will complete the account closure process at that time. After we close your account, we may retain some information to comply with law, prevent fraud, assist with investigations, resolve disputes, analyze or troubleshoot programs and take actions otherwise permitted by law. If your account or membership is terminated or suspended, we may retain some information to prevent re-registration.
Oikocredit International does not tolerate spam. We do not send emails to anyone without permission, and we do not sell or rent email addresses to any unauthorized third party. This does not mean that we can prevent spam from happening on the Internet. If you believe that you have received an unsolicited email from us, please contact email@example.com and we will investigate.
We view the protection of your privacy as a very important principle. We store and process your information on computers that are protected by physical as well as technological security devices. We have implemented physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that are designed to protect the security of your information. These include advanced firewall and password protection for our databases, physical access controls to our buildings and files, and restricted access to your personal information to employees that need to know that information to operate, develop or improve our services.
Links to other sites or from other sites
The Oikocredit International site may contain links to external internet sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and are not an endorsement by Oikocredit International of the contents of those external sites.
Oikocredit International is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of sites that link to this site or which are linked from it and Oikocredit International makes no representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such sites. Our Cookies and Privacy Policies do not apply to any collection and processing of your personal data on or through such other external sites.
Oikocredit International, in general, does not store web cookies that some websites and web browsers may use to gather and store information when a user accesses a server. If you want to avoid web cookies, please modify your browser so you can be alerted and choose whether to use web cookies or not.